Monday, September 1, 2014

Crafting Truths

There are some basic truths about crafting I have discovered are my reality over the course of the past 7 years.
*No matter how large of a space I have in the beginning, I almost always end up crafting in a tiny space with things piled all around me.
*There are always more ideas that I want to spend time creating than there is time for me to create.
*Spending time looking at ideas and surfing the net cuts into the small amount of time I actually have to create.
*I have boxes full of half-finished projects I will finish "someday".
*Scraps are irksome .  They multiply to the point where I wonder if they are related to rabbits.
*As exasperating as scraps can be, sometimes I find the ideal piece left over from a project that completes what I am working on perfectly.
*Creativity feeds my spirit…it strengthens me.  I have allowed it to help me overcome a shy, reserved nature and become more outgoing and friendly…(truly…if you were to ask people who knew me even into my early 30's, they could affirm that I struggled to be social and reach out to others).
*Each of us have different talents and gifts, but often, the more you do something the better you get at it.

That last bit being said, I have to take you back to the very first two cards that I created for a Stampin' Up! workshop.  :D  I remember on the second card especially, taking the measurements of the picture of it in Stampin' Success (our demonstrator magazine) and mathematically trying to figure out the exact measurements of that design in that size.  I got completely confused and finally gave up and just guesstimated the measurements (never realizing I'd do PLENTY more of that in the future).


Tomorrow I'll jump into more current projects and start giving you inspiration and ideas for your own personal creative journey.  

Until then, happy creating!



No comments :

Post a Comment