Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Beginning

In a world where we are over-run with information and pictures and such, why would I feel compelled to start yet another paper-crafting blog? It's certainly been done before, on many, many levels…and I have this problem with consistency. Why this blog and why now?

For me, writing (thus blogging) has always been a wonderful release for me. Writing was a passion far back into my childhood. It is something that I work to develop and spend some of my other *extra* time dabbling in creating short, historical fiction pieces based on true stories of those I know about and love. My personal blog (which I kept up quite religiously until the evolution of Facebook) was named Some Semblance of Order and from the beginning, I felt that blog title captured a portion of my life…a snapshot of a chaotic life with 8 children and all of the challenges and responsibilities that having such a family will bring.

Some Semblance of Stamping then just seemed like a natural spin-off from that blog…and my goal is to provide you with the same type of candor and reality that being a paper-crafter with EIGHT children brings to MY life. I'm passionate about what I make, and even more than creating, my love of sharing with others is what drives me to reach out to you, a broader audience and ask you to join me on this adventure. Will you come along as I create Some Semblance of Stamping?

1 comment :